Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Plight of a Soon-To-Be Graduate

Almost a month until I graduate AND THE PRESSURE IS ON!!! God where did the time go!! I have so many things on my plate to do.


1. MY SENIOR SHOW
I’ve decided on a simple display showcasing 3 projects with a simple print. Most people have described my Senior Show like a wedding.
Something Old- My American Red Cross project)
Something Borrowed- "Five Down" (Toy Concept from Illustration & Concept which I –only for this putting it into the world of marketing) and I’m making an actual doll.
Something New- An Integrated campaign I’m working on with a great Illustrator, Francesca Buchko
Something Blue- my graph paper

2. WEBSITE
After months of trying to fix my old website, sketching, finding domains, remembering how to code and what not I have decided to go through Cargo Collective.

It’s not done but I’m loading and putting stuff on there as we speak (CLICK HERE TO SEE MY WEBSITE)

3. TWEAKING WORK
Since I will not have the lovely amenities of MCAD anymore I must “use the water before the well runs dry”. Some of my work can be better, point blank.

I’ve been fixing work that has potential to be then it is right now.

4. NEW WORK
I’m an Art Director with a bulk load of Designer work in my portfolio. It’s nice/bad to hear
“You have one of the best portfolios I’ve seen in a long time… If you were a Designer.”

So 5 new Ad pieces coming your way soon!!! HOLLA!!!!
I’ve been working with a few copywriters lately, most of them I just met so it’s really refreshing to work with new people.

5. PROMOTIONALS
My short attention span, my need to always change things and never like anything has delayed this necessary project.

6. 5 CLASSES
I am a full time student with classes and homework

7. LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
I’m not from Minneapolis. And as a freelance which is good, but I would like to have a stable job with a paycheck.
So I need to figure out if I’m going to stay up here after college and if I do and if I don’t I need to…….

-Job Search
-Apartment Searching
-etc…..

No comments: